A Challenging Ecosystem
Building a product that gets traction is a significant challenge; to build a breakout success is like well……..spotting a unicorn.
The UK has done much to foster technology innovation over the past ten years, starting with Silicon Roundabout and now boasting smaller hubs in Kings Cross, Manchester, Reading, Brighton and Edinburgh.
Even though the sector has grown considerably, the odds of succeeding are stacked against founders.
- There are lots of startups (10,000 in the UK) demonstrating how fashionable the sector is but this makes the competition for capital and talent intense.
- With so much choice at the early-stage, a lot of professional investors are diverting capital to later-stage ventures leaving startups struggling to get capitalised at the seed stage.
- Demand outstrips supply for tech talent: top-quality developers, UX/UI designers, product managers and strategists are all hard to find.
This leaves non-technical founders turning to freelancers and agencies. While there are good freelancers and agencies out there the model doesn’t work well for startups. The right talent is very expensive and the agency model isn’t aligned well with startups.
Agencies are incentivised to maximise profit, the MOHARA model means we’re incentivised to maximise outcomes – we’re completely aligned with the founders
The difficult environment of low capital and an under-supply of talent hurt the ecosystem. It means that good ideas and competent founders find it hard to get startups off the ground.
How We Help
At MOHARA, our unique model of partnership is designed to help startups grow and prosper.
We address the problems of capital and talent while providing a proven blueprint for developing winning products. This is how a partnership with MOHARA looks:
- A Partnership: We receive equity in your startup and provide our product development apparatus in return. That covers everything you need for product excellence including, most importantly, seasoned entrepreneurs and product managers that know how to build great product.
- Aligned Incentives: Because our expertise is delivered in return for equity, we only make a return if you succeed. We are down in the trenches with you – a very different model to an agency who profits every day they work with you.
- A Roadmap: Our team know how to deliver products that provide value and help your business prosper. Our user-centred approach focuses on answering key commercial questions, testing assumptions, and deploying minimum resources to get the best outcome.
A blend of experience, expertise, collaboration and our efficient equity model means you can make extraordinary progress with modest resources.
The Future of Startup Investing – Cash + Expertise + Partnership
Watch out for the MOHARA Fund that is being launched in the autumn and will be a game changer.
- Eight startups.
- 100k to 150k ticket size.
- Full product delivery support to ensure successful deployment of the investment.
You get capital, invested partners and proven expertise – there will be no better way to build a successful startup in the UK in 2019.